Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vienna and Venice

Vienna

Our day in Vienna was not terribly fun. We arrived about midday – we decided not to get a hotel because we needed to take the night train to Venice. About an hour after being there, I started feeling incredibly sick. I started getting cold sweats and an aching body. I toughed it though because we were only there for a day and we had no where to go. We went and saw the famous cathedral in the main town square, Stephansplatz. We ended up eating at a phenomenal restaurant right on the square. I actually had Beef Stroganoff -- it reminded me of home! :D We also, walked our way to the famous Opera House because of the long running history of Opera in Vienna. After the Opera House, we went to the treasury where we saw all of the famous jewelry, swords, and robes worn by the Kings and Queens of Austria. After that we went to the imperial apartments where the Austrian Royal Families lived. They were ridiculous! Everything is made out of gold, whether it is a baby’s crib, a tablecloth, or a sword case. Once we made our way back to the main square, I really started feeling sick. I ended up heading back to the train station to take a nap before our train left for Venice.

Venice

Still feeling very sick. Pretty upset that I can’t really venture around Venice. Luckily I have been fortunate enough to have already experienced Venice to its full potential during high school. So here I am, lounging in the room, falling in and out of sleep trying to rest up for Milan, Florence, and Rome. Dave headed out about 30 minutes ago and we made plans to go grab dinner together at some point later tonight. Hopefully I will be feeling better. He keeps trying to get me to go on a Gondola ride, but they are 80 euro! I told him, it is definitely cool, but I would just ride the public transportation around the city to have the same effect. We leave for Milan at around 11 AM tomorrow and will be staying at Teddy’s place.

No comments:

Post a Comment